Tomorrow is my 28th birthday.
27 was good, but dang am I ready for 28! It is going to be MY YEAR, baby! I don’t say that every year, don’t worry.
Here are 27 things that happened at 27:
1. I moved into my first place by myself – no more roommates, no more parents, not even a pet to keep me company
2. I mutually decided to breakup with my boyfriend – no drama, no big argument, no he-said, she-said – it just wasn’t working. hey, adulthood.
3. I stayed at an all-inclusive resort
4. Saw Yosemite.
5. Saw The Redwoods
6. Did my first relay race (that is if you’re not including the 4×4 I did in middle school track)
7. I started this blog!
8. I actually fasted from food for at least 24 hours
9. I picked up a new hobby – road biking – and by picked it up I mean I just began.
10. I colored my hair 4 times, which is 4 more times than the past 5-6 years.
11. I started teaching a cycling class!
12. I rode a mechanical bull (thank you dear friends for your persuasion on this one…)
13. I ran across the Golden Gate Bridge
14. I went to my first Big 10 (or any college) football game
15. I briefly mastered the deadlift… then stopped doing it for a couple weeks and now need to work on form again.
16. I created a list of bills with their due dates, minimum payment amounts, a box to mark how much I paid and what date I paid them (we meet again, adulthood).
17. I started to understand what grace from my Heavenly Father truly looks like. I haven’t totally figured it out, but I’m getting there.
18. I started practicing hand-stands on the wall
19. I did a WOD
20. I played 18 holes of [mini] golf and made 3 holes-in-one
21. I stayed at my first all-inclusive resort.
22. I went to my first Ohio State football game
23. I watched an Iron Man in person, in Mexico.
24. I rode in a Tesla, and got to see a Tesla being made.
25. I ate more pancakes total throughout the year than I have in my whole life (this is a guess, but a very, very good guess)
26. I did my own wine and paint class, and then did it again.
27. I weighed the most I ever have. That’s what happens when you get older, right?